Subject: [Boost-users] How do I build boost with a specific compiler flag?
From: Gagnon, Joseph - 0553 - MITLL (Joseph.Gagnon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-15 13:23:02

Hello,

I am developing a C++ application on a Linux (CentOS 6.6) platform with gcc
4.8.2. I need to build the Boost libraries I'm using (Regex and others)
such that the code is compiled with the "-fPIC" (position-independent code)
option. I looked around on the Boost web site and found information about a
configure script and something called Boost.Config. I quickly got
overwhelmed. What do I need to do to have the Boost build system use this
flag to build its libraries? Is it something fairly simple, or do I need to
invoke a complicated set of steps?

Thanks,

Joe Gagnon

Engineer II

Group 53 - Secure Resilient Systems and Technology

MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Lexington, MA