Subject: Re: [Boost-users] EXTERNAL: Re: Is this a known bug in lexical_cast<double> ?
From: TILLMAN, MICHAEL D9 (michael.d9.tillman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-16 18:44:57

That’s more or less what we suspect happens.

And we did try a diff.

The lexical cast hpp file in 1.51 was over two thousand lines.

The same file in 1.58 was a hundred. Lol….

So apparently a major refactoring effort took place, and I didn’t have the time, and truth be told, didn’t want to spend the time, to track down the new files and attempt a comparison.

Not really sure if, in two thousand plus lines of boost code, I would have been able to identify a bug before it was time for me to retire anyway.

I would have enjoyed trying, but chances are I would have just wasted a huge chunk of taxpayer money slogging through boost code.

But thanks for the suggestion.