Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Filesystem library and virtual
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-28 06:12:35

On 28 July 2015 at 11:59, Olivier Tristan <o.tristan_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm wondering if the possibility to handle custom filesystem is planned at
> some point in the Filesystem library ?
>
> My goal is to manage a virtual filesystem contained in a "big file" or in
> an archive in a transparent way with the other files on the system.

This have been discussed before indeed:
See also: http://alamaison.github.io/2014/01/09/proposal-generic-filesystem/

Basically, the author of the proposal didn't have time to experiment more
on the idea
and at the time boost.filesystem was being worked to match the filesystem
TS or something
like that (still ongoing if my memory is correct).

I have plans to try using binding PhysFS with this approach (which would
match
what you are asking for) but I didn't have time to do so yet.

Joël Lamotte