Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Filesystem library and virtual
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-28 06:39:22

On 28 Jul 2015 at 11:59, Olivier Tristan wrote:

> I'm wondering if the possibility to handle custom filesystem is planned
> at some point in the Filesystem library ?
>
> My goal is to manage a virtual filesystem contained in a "big file" or
> in an archive in a transparent way with the other files on the system.

Proposed Boost AFIO up for review mid August lets users define any
arbitrary filesystem, and then set the current filesystem for a given
thread.

It has a different synchronous API to Filesystem however. It would be
trivial to wrap AFIO's API into a Filesystem equivalent.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/