Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [signals2] can a combiner return the slot iterator range?
From: Nick Stokes (randomaccessiterator_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-06 16:20:39

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 4:10 PM, Michael Powell <mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 4:01 PM, Nick Stokes
> <randomaccessiterator_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> I'm not sure what you're shooting for.

Doesn't the last "broader picture" paragraph help explain?

> When I'm approaching signals/slots or any sort of event driven system,
> I generally treat that

"that" == ?

> as a single event, with 2+ connections, events
> being handled but each subscriber.
>
> i.e. your first connection handles the double value; the second
> connection would accept a double, and convert it to int to pass it
> along to another int-based method

The 2+ methods (of ComboSlot) corresponds to entirely independent events.
The event driven system fires them separately on separate code paths. The
system fires as many of any of these in any order and count.
The only invariant I want to impose is that they are always connected (or
unconnected) in groups. I.e. there is no allowed scenario where a event1
is handled but event2 isn't, and both events are handled by the same
underlying handler (ComboSlot).

Again, is my "broader picture" example useful in anyway?

Thanks
Nick