Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [signals2] can a combiner return the slot iterator range?
From: Nick Stokes (randomaccessiterator_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-06 17:39:11

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 5:26 PM, Michael Powell <mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> If it's my, I try to drive toward simplicity. I'm not sure what your
> real world requirements are, or how these many facets necessarily grew
> feet, per se, to answer beyond what I have.
>
> I do know that's one of the "features" of a pattern like event
> handling, signals/slots in particular, is to decouple the consumer
> from the producer, so that you don't need to know whether you are
> producing a 3.14 (PI) or a 3 (presumably, derived from the same PI
> value). Could say, 2.718 (e) or 2, for the same illustration, no? To
> me that's just another subscriber on the signaled method.
>
> HTH

Sorry, not really. I honestly appreciate your attempt to help, but so far
you are providing non-answers. Can you please try to understand the
requirement based on my latter example? I'd be happy to provide more
clarification if the code isn't clear.

Thanks
Nick