Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [units] Units-only git submodule usage
From: Michael Powell (mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-07 18:23:32

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Michael Powell <mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here's a crazy question.
>
> I am exploring what to do with a simulation calculator, for
> dimensional analysis, dimensional safety, and potentially adopting
> Boost.Unit to help with that.
>
> What with the decomposition of Boost into Git Submodules, and since
> Boost.Units is header only (yes?), do I really need the whole library,
> or I could just adopt a Boost.Unit submodule and include it as
> appropriate?

I might add, at least at the moment, if I were able to do something
like this, it would be a compiler constraint, more than anything else.

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_58_0/doc/html/boost_units.html

I would like to use VS2013 C++ compiler; I could upgrade to VS2015 C++
if I needed to.

I do not see these enumerated , though the versioning of MSBuild in
recent Visual Studio revisions is a bit wonky.

I can also build in VS2012 if I absolutely had to, but that's about as
low as I'd like to go if possible.

The other thought was, probably I would at least be targeting a
C-callable DLL; more than likely a C++/CLI, which I've done in the
past.

Thank you...