Subject: [Boost-users] [units] Calculating air density
From: Michael Powell (mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-09 11:16:41

Hello,

I'd like to calculate air density at altitude. Studying some notes on wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Density_of_air

Symbol is typically Greek Rho, whose dimensions are generally M/L^3;
units will probably be kg/m^3, although I am also reading about
slugs/ft^3.

Which incorporates a gas constant value:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_constant

Whose units appear to be Joules/(Volume*Temp).

I'm not seeing anything too terribly exotic there; all these units /
dimensions are present in Boost.Units?

As is usually the case, it is interesting to see how the units library
"reduces" the units during code writing, compilation. Very impressive
indeed.

Thank you...

Best regards,

Michael Powell