Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Building Boost 1.59.0 on Solaris 11 with Solaris Studio 12.4
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-17 14:42:06

On 16/08/2015 11:39, Leo Carreon wrote:
> Hi Boosters,
> I have been attempting to build Boost 1.59.0 on Solaris 11 using
> Solaris Studio 12.4 in C++11 mode.
> So far, I have managed to locate on the web solutions to 3 issues.
> Now I’m down to 22 targets failing to build.
> Has anyone else attempted to do the same? I would appreciate it if
> you could share some of your fixes if you have any.
> Has anyone reported that they have been able to cleanly build in this
> environment?

No, I can confirm there are issues, I've just fixed one in Regex (needs
to define BOOST_REGEX_NO_EXTERNAL_TEMPLATES in boost/regex/config.hpp
when building with Oracle C++).

There are many in Log and Thread libraries that look like the compiler
isn't coping with explicit conversion operators well.

If you have fixes for these or any others, can you please submit bug
reports (svn.boost.org) or pull-requests (on Github)?

Many thanks, John.