Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Building Boost 1.59.0 on Solaris 11 with Solaris Studio 12.4
From: Leo Carreon (lcarreon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-21 03:03:11

>>https://github.com/boostorg/thread/commit/b8dbe960b7e7777cadeac2e12be80058f77675ec

Hi John,

I was reviewing the change you made above. I'm not claiming that I fully
understand the code.
I was just curious because in this section of code there are 8 definitions
of the call_once function.
4 of them do not use the BOOST_THREAD_RV_REF macro while 4 do. Your
modification enclosed
the last 3 functions using the BOOST_THREAD_RV_REF macro.

Again out of curiosity, I moved the beginning of your #if one function
upwards. When I did this,
it eliminated all the remaining call_once errors that I mentioned in my
previous email, i.e.
problems 1 & 2 have disappeared. Only problems 3 to 5 remain.

Problem #3, I reviewed the definitions of the invoke function. They seem
strange to me because I can see
identical function signatures and body with the only difference being the
template arguments.
It's even stranger because the additional template argument is not used.

Problem #4, due to my lack of familiarity with the code, I'm unable to track
down the missing type.

Problem #5, I didn't even try to figure it out because I don't know Python.

That's all I have for now, I hope this helps.

Regards,
Leo