Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost] [afio] Formal review of Boost.AFIO
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-25 11:17:22

On 8/25/15 4:37 AM, Paul A. Bristow wrote:

> Please answer the following questions:
>
> 1. Should Boost.AFIO be accepted into Boost? Please state all
> conditions for acceptance explicity.
>

> Provisionally, yes.
>

> Requirements:
<snip>

This list of requirements constitutes much more than a "a few changes".
  It's impossible to know what what the library would like like after
all these changes and and their repercussions were addressed. I don't
think we can realistically expect the review manager to verify that and
library with all these changes is sufficiently close the current one to
take responsibility for signing off on the final version.

To my mind, this would require a new review once all the changes are
made. So the appropriate recommendation in this case would be to reject
the library and encourage the author to consider all the feedback from
the review and re-submit.

Robert Ramey