Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost] Boost.Fiber mini-review September 4-13
From: Oliver Kowalke (oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-05 14:34:43

> I don't think that is what Hartmut or I wanted to suggest. What should be
> possible though is to implement something like HPX on top of Boost.Fiber.

OK, then it was a misunderstanding

> I currently don't see why this design wouldn't allow to have threads
> migrated

I'm confused - I assume you mean '... have fibers migrated...'?!

> , even if the TLS value is cached, it should still be valid, right? In
> that case you would have something like a benign "race".

- fiber F1 runs in thread T1
- T1 runs fiber_manager FM1
- F1 gets migrated to another thread T2 which runs fiber_manager FM2
- as I figured out that F1, running in T2, still accesses FM1, but its
should be FM2

so I'm wondering how HPX gets the TLS issue right