Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost] Boost.Fiber mini-review September 4-13
From: David Schneider (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-09 13:55:24

This is probably the most naive reply ever, so I'll keep it brief.

I could imagine that on creation, a UUID could be created using
boost::uuid. Using boost::interprocess, the fiber_manager could be put
into a named shared memory, the name of which is the UUID. The UUID is
then passed to any fiber upon creation so that all it needs to do is
open the named interprocess pool to access the fiber_manager.

A big redesign? Maybe, I haven't looked at the library. But maybe there
is something of value in that concept. I have had to do something
similar and more complex myself recently to update legacy 16-bit code
that migrated things between /processes/ that it shouldn't have.