Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Become a Library Maintainer
From: Alexander Olivas (olivas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-25 18:55:02

On 9/25/15 1:43 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
> On 9/25/2015 9:51 AM, Alex Olivas wrote:
>> Hey All,
>> This was just announced this week at CppCon (originally proposed at
>> C++Now, by Robert Ramey). There's a new program and process to allow
>> teams, who may be maintaining boost libraries internally, to become
>> official maintainers. These are libraries that are currently being
>> maintained by the Boost Community Maintenance Team
>> (https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/CommunityMaintenance) :
>>
>> * Boost.ConceptCheck
>> * Boost.DateTime
>> * Boost.DisjointSet
>> * Boost.DynamicBitset
>> * Boost.Format
>> * Boost.Function
>> * Boost.Logic
>> * Boost.MPL
>> * Boost.PropertyMap
>> * Boost.Signals (which is deprecated)
>> * Boost.Tokenizer
>>

>> More information about the program can be found here:
>> http://beta.boost.org/community/official_library_maintainer_program.html
>>
>> If you're interested in becoming a Boost Library Official Maintiner,
>> please send me an email.
>
> I am not at CppCon but Boost can also use library maintainers for a
> number of libraries that are not in CMT ( I am a CMT member ), but for
> which the current maintainer(s) apparently does not have any time to
> devote to maintaining the particular library. I can think of 4
> libraries which fall into this category ( function_types, iterator,
> lambda, parameter ), but I suspect that there are many more.
>
> Therefore I would like to add that if anyone is interested in becoming
> a Boost Library Official Maintainer for a library which appears to be
> neglected, and which is not one of the CMT libraries, I think they
> should be encouraged to say so on this mailing list or the Boost
> developers mailing list.

Edward,
   I think that's an excellent suggestion. I agree there are a number
of libraries that aren't being maintained by the CMT, which maybe,
probably, potentially either could be or could be Boost Library Official
Maintainer candidates. I spent a few hours about a week ago going
through the Trac tickets and identifying candidates and did, in fact,
find quite a few. I plan to email the authors of those libraries and
see if they could use a hand with maintenance and if there's anything I
can do to help.
Thanks,
Alex.