Subject: [Boost-users] serialization code compilation problem - shared_ptr_helper.cpp in Boost 1.59
From: Robert Fairlie (rfairlie_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-02 11:27:55

Hi,

I’m building the Boost serialization library in Visual Studio 2015 (for x86 and ARM) by copying the 40 or so files in libs\serialization\src and compiling them in my Visual Studio project. (I’m doing it this way because Visual Studio won’t seem to let me build everything with b2 in the ARM case).

The last build of the 40 files I did used Boost 1.55 and that worked fine, but now with Boost 1.59, all files compile except shared_ptr_helper.cpp.

I notice that shared_ptr_helper.cpp refers to a class called shared_ptr_helper_base, but I’ve done a full *.* search and it doesn’t seem to be declared anywhere. Also, I notice that usage of macros such as BOOST_ARCHIVE_DECL has been updated in other files, but not in shared_ptr_helper.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Robert Fairlie