Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [geometry] is there an rtree version that works with boost.1.49 and MSVC2010?
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-05 14:52:32

Jeff Flinn wrote:
> I pulled the version down from the old svn sandbox, but msvc2010
> doesn't support the variadic template args in indexable.hpp.

What exactly are you trying to compile? This:
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/geometry/boost/geometry/index/
or some older revision?

Boost.Geometry always supported c++03, in particular the R-tree. The
oldest version of MSVC the library is tested against is 8.0 (2005).
Features from newer standards may be conditionally enabled though. The
variadic templates are guarded with Boost.Config macros checks. R-tree
works with msvc2010. What exactly is the compiler complaining about?

Back then the R-tree wasn't released yet and as you noticed existed only
in the sandbox. Watching the dates on GitHub the SVN revision
corresponding to the state of the R-tree when the 1.49 was released is
[SVN r75771]. But I don't remember if the implementation was mature
enough. It was officially released with 1.54 so I'd be careful if I were
you.

Well, there was a preliminary version of the R-tree developed during
GSoC2008 in Boost.Geometry extensions, in develop branch. It's slower
and has slightly different interface, much more limited, but maybe it'd
be enough for you. This is the state of this r-tree implementation
corresponding to Boost 1.49:
https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/tree/2bcbf859d06a89766e3e0e09f96648f4c0c0c295/include/boost/geometry/extensions/index/rtree

AFAIU using Boost 1.54 is not an option but how about using
Boost.Geometry from 1.54 with Boost 1.49? I don't know if that would
work though.

Regards,
Adam