Subject: [Boost-users] [BGL] augmenting for a max-flow algorithm
From: Ireneusz Szcześniak (irek.szczesniak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-24 12:48:28

Hi,

I would appreciate it if someone could define the term "augmenting"
used in the documentation of the max-flow algorithms:

"First, the directed graph G=(V,E) that represents the network must be
augmented to include the reverse edge for every edge in E."

Does it simply mean that I need to add to the graph a reverse edge?

In the documentation of the boykov_kolmogorov_max_flow algorithm it's
stated point-blank:

"The directed graph G=(V,E) that represents the network must include a
reverse edge for every edge in E".

Cool, so I know that I need to add the edge with the add_edge
function. To use a max-flow algorithm I need to modify my input graph.

So I guess "augmenting" means just "including/adding", right?

Thanks & best,
Irek