Subject: Re: [Boost-users] libboost_system-vc110-XXXX_54.lib: Why can't I use the static boost library?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-17 09:52:39

Your library files should include an -s in the name, for example libboost_system-vc110-mt-sgd-1.lib.

You will need to build these inlcuding "link=static" in the b2 build line.

(And you should always try to use the most recent version of both MSVC and of Boost - both are well
out of date).

Careful RTFM will inform (though static strangely seems to be regarded as an abnormal option).

HTH too.