Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Extend boost binary serialization with varints encoding
From: Ernest Zaslavsky (ernest.zaslavsky_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-23 14:21:19

Ok, I came up with quite ugly solution (see on coliru http://coliru.stacked-crooked.com/a/ba39b5a242e5c69b). but it works, however it is ugly in the way that it is up to user to apply encode/decode on members. Moreover it is the only way to encode value. I was aiming to something broader, for example, in array or vector the size is stored in archive, it is size_t and it occupies 64 bit, in case of small data chunks it is complete waste of storage. Is there a way to force all primitive types of choice to use my serialization instead of standard one? I mean is there a way to encode this aforementioned size_t in array serialization without rewriting its implementation?