Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [test] Parsing command-line arguments on Windows
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-26 12:07:34

On 26 November 2015 at 17:57, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Here is table with four example of command-line input on Windows
> and expected values of 'argv' elements, according to the rules when
> interpreting arguments, escape sequences etc.:
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/17w5ykft.aspx
> [...]
> I can't see any caveats mentioned in the documentation
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_59_0/libs/test/doc/html/boost_test/tests_organization/test_suite/master_test_suite.html

I forgot to add why I started investigating it.

I have Boost.Test-based program which I'm trying to feed
with ODBC connection string given as command-line argument.

Here similar exercise as in my first post where it shows
master_test_suite().argv is having trouble to parse it properly:

// The Windows console program

test_cpp2015.exe "Driver={SQLite3 ODBC Driver};Database=test.db;"
0: test_cpp2015.exe
1: Driver={SQLite3 ODBC Driver};Database=test.db;

// The Boost.Test program

test_boost.exe "Driver={SQLite3 ODBC Driver};Database=test.db;"
Running 1 test case...
0: %ÿ$
1: Driver={SQLite3
2: ODBC