Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [BGL] Is vertex_descriptor always integer?
From: Daniel Hofmann (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-12-06 04:43:29

When you are using the listS selector, your graph does not have the respective index property. This makes sense if you think about lists and random access, but I guess is hard to understand without context.

For property maps that are dense, such as storing weights for every edge, or the predeccessor for every vertex, I recommend the iterator approach from above, with a contiguous container like vector. This gives you constant time random access and fast iteration while keeping memory usage and overhead to a minimum.

Note that this has requirements on the key, i.e. you have to be able to use for example an edge descriptor as an index into your vector.