Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boostbook documentation
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-12-08 03:53:50

On 07/12/2015 21:38, Soul Studios wrote:
> Currently trying to write preliminary documentation for my submission,
> but finding the initial documentation available for boostbook somewhat
> lacking, is there a better resource available?
> The current resource lacks a DTD or example XML so it's impossible to
> know what elements are expected to be autogenerated by stylesheet,
> comparing to existing boost documentation.
> Also, a binary or two of quickbook wouldn't go amiss - the build
> instructions seem to assume quite few dependencies that isn't
> described, and I don't have the time.

Have you seen:
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostDocs/GettingStarted

It's not that hard to set up the required tools (on Linux they're all
available as packages, so the only task required is to set the paths in
user-config.jam), and things like quickbook will *build themselves as
required* if you wish. However, it's generally quicker to pre-build them.

HTH, John.