Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost-users][QVM] Boost.QVM formal review is ongoing
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-12-09 05:43:49

I'm not qualified to give a full review of this library beyond observing:

1 It looks very useful.

2 Boost prefers clarity to curtness. The naming is much too terse making the resulting code rather
'write-only'. I'd at least go for col_mat for col_m and transpose for transp etc. (I know any
changes will be a big PITA but shows that asking sooner than later is a good idea for would-be Boost
library authors ;-)

3 Documentation is OK, but I'd like many more examples of every function, and some much bigger
fuller real-life examples showing use too.

4 Does this mesh at all with the quaternions in Boost.Math library?

FWIW

Paul

PS If you build the Boost inspect tool \modular-boost\tools\inspect by running its jamfile, (and
making sure that it is in your PATH) then from your /doc folder you can simply call
> inspect > inspect.html

and view any transgressions of the Boost rules in inspect.html - and, most important, any dud links.

You may get a few false positives, but you can spot these easily.

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse
Kendal UK LA8 8AB