Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [BGL] parallel BGL does not scale
From: Quaglino Alessio (alessio.quaglino_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-12-14 11:05:57

Dear Daniel,

Yes that’s a good suggestion and I’ve tried it, discovering the following:

1) The call to connected_components_ps gets really slow only if I run the program with mpirun -np 2, but it is ok with mpirun -np 1. Why is this the case? I need to be able to control how many cores I am using to do scaling tests, is this possible with the parallel BGL?

2) Apart from the above, the really slow part is now the graph construction. This takes about 10 times more than the call to connected_components_ps (but it wasn’t the case with the non-parallel BGL).

Regards,
Alessio