Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::property_tree::read_json fails on previously supported comments 1.59
From: Agustín K-ballo Bergé (kaballo86_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-12-18 14:05:45

On 12/18/2015 3:51 PM, Millman, Mark wrote:
> If this is an official upgrade -- to no longer support comments -- then
> I'll write myself a file-to-stream comment stripper and pass the stream
> to read_json.
>
> As a consumer of JSON and Boost it seems like a poor choice to drop
> something that is so useful and has been supported for so long.

I understand your position, but something "just working" is not the same
than something being supported. I cannot find any mention of nonstandard
comment support in the documentation for 1.58. All I see is a link to a
Wikipedia article, which reads "JSON does not provide or allow any sort
of comment syntax".

Regards,

--
Agustín K-ballo Bergé.-