Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [container] Boost 1.60 Release link error
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-12-23 12:18:50

On 21/12/2015 20:14, Hickman, Steve (AdvTech) wrote:
> Getting a linker error with the Windows version of Boost on release only
> (not debug) using v 1.60. This did not show up with 1.58 (I skipped 1.59
> so I have no comment on it). I’m using the prebuilt libraries:

Sorry, Steve, with this information is not easy to tell what's
happening. It seems that when instantiating a trait the linker seeks
(wrongly, it seems) for a definition.

Just a guess, could you try find in:

boost/intrusive/detail/has_member_function_callable_with.hpp

(around line 167):

void BOOST_INTRUSIVE_HAS_MEMBER_FUNCTION_CALLABLE_WITH_FUNCNAME();

(which I think is the function it's trying to search) with an empty
definition:

void BOOST_INTRUSIVE_HAS_MEMBER_FUNCTION_CALLABLE_WITH_FUNCNAME()
{ /*empty */}

Best,

Ion