Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost program_options
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-06 18:16:25

On 21 December 2015 at 14:54, avib369 . <avibahra_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> There seems to be change/regression in boost program options.
> In boost/1.53. I used
>
> boost::program_options::variables_map vm;
> po::store( po::parse_command_line( argc, argv, desc_ ,
> po::command_line_style::unix_style ^
> po::command_line_style::allow_short),
> vm );
> po::notify( vm );
>
> This could handle arguments like:
> ./exe --help all
> ./exe --help summary
>
> However from boost 1.59, this no longer works, instead I have to use:
>
> ./exe --help=all
> ./exe --help=summary
>
> Is this a known change ? how do i get back to the old functionality ?

I hit the same issue.
However I feed program_option with a vector of arguments { "--help", "all"
}, something like that.
It looks like it's a bug because the documentation does use space as a
value separation.
I'm searching in the tracker for issues related but there are too many and
they are not up to date.