Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [graph] Search algorithm using quality metric rather than distance
From: Roger Leigh (rleigh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-13 18:00:22

On 13/01/2016 13:40, alex wrote:

> [...]

I've gone with (2) for now, and this appears to be working absolutely
fine. It's certainly giving the same results as the manually computed
tables currently in use, which is good!

One thing I'm not totally sure about is how to get an edge list from
dijkstra_shortest_paths.

   Graph g; // pre-filled
   vertex_descriptor start // set elsewhere

   std::vector<vertex_descriptor> predecessor(boost::num_vertices(g));
   std::vector<int64_t> distances(boost::num_vertices(g));

   boost::dijkstra_shortest_paths(g, start,
boost::weight_map(boost::get(&Transform::weight, g)).
   distance_map(boost::make_iterator_property_map(distances.begin(),
get(boost::vertex_index, g))).
  predecessor_map(boost::make_iterator_property_map(predecessor.begin(),
boost::get(boost::vertex_index, g))));

Can I also append .edge_map() here to get a map of edges? I want to be
able to access the edge linking each vertex v to its parent
predecessor[v], so I can use the bundled properties. Or do I need to
find it by hand / use some other Boost.Graph functionality I'm unaware of?

Thanks, very much for your advice. I'm about 95% done now; it's just a
matter of the last small detail to get it all working!

Kind regards,
Roger