Subject: [Boost-users] BGL, shortest path between two nearby nodes in a huge graph
From: Paolo Bolzoni (paolo.bolzoni.brown_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-21 03:08:55

Dear list,

I am a happy user of BGL, but recently I got stuck in a strange
problem. I think I am missing the obvious, so I'll be happy to read
the fine manual if it's the case. Just point me to the right
direction.

I need to find the shortest path between two nodes, for doing so I am
using dijkstra with a custom visitor that stops the search (throwing
an exception) when examine_vertex is called on the destination node.

It worked fine, but it run strangely slow. After some profiling, it is
clear that most of the time is used in the initialize_vertex function.
The graph is fairly large, but the path I am looking for are fairly
small (10 edges tops usually).

It is possible to skip the initialize phase?

Cheers,
Paolo