Subject: Re: [Boost-users] download from sourceforge?
From: Dan Bloomquist (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-06 22:04:50

Hi,
I thought I'd report my build experience. Using 5.2 from:
<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_60_0/more/getting_started/windows.html#or-build-binaries-from-source>

It took about 15 minutes to figure out what to copy where and start the
build. This was with VS2015 and the v140 toolset and VS2010/v100.

but...
<boost/locale.hpp>
<boost/filesystem.hpp>
<boost/asio.hpp>
were missing . I just copied up from the likes of
..libs\filesystem\include\boost\filesystem.hpp, etc. to
BOOST_ROOT/boost. Once that was done I compiled, linked, and ran fine.
That was a 2010 project

next I tried a 2015 project, it just uses different stuff, so I found
geometry.hpp and the whole geometry folder were missing.
ublas folder was missing from the numeric folder
program_options folder was there but not boost/program_options.hpp
assign.hpp and its folder missing
lambda missing but i just ditched it and rewrote the artifact with a c++
lambda
some phoenix file/folder? was missing forgot to write down just what.
But all rest of the spirit stuff was there.
Then it compiled, linked and ran fine.

If I find more as I try other project, no big deal. Agent Ransack makes
the fixes pretty fast. And I'm assuming I didn't miss a step as so many
of the headers were in place.

Best, Dan.