Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Command Line Options Questions
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir.prus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-03-09 02:29:36

On 06-Mar-16 7:43 PM, Jon Lederman wrote:
> 1) I am compiling a dynamic library that links to the boost command line options library as a shared library. When I
> try to unload the dynamic library, I find that it isn’t properly unloaded and the boost library seems to be causing the
> issue.

Jon,

could you clarify how you try to unload the dynamic library, for what purpose, and how you determine it's not properly
unloaded?

If you link to program_options normally, just adding it on linker command line, it will be loaded automatically by
the dynamic linker and will remain in memory until your program exits - although if you don't use the library
after initial parsing, the unused code pages may be discarded by the operating system. I doubt explicitly
unloading, with dlclose, is possible in this case.

You possibly can use dlopen to load the library, but I can't see how that would work either, given it's a C++
library with a somewhat wide interface.

Thanks,

--
Vladimir Prus