Subject: [Boost-users] iostreams: streambuf class fails to compile on type check
From: Dan Bloomquist (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-03-12 21:48:10

I'm trying to insert my own stream buffer into a boost stream. Here is
the code
<http://hostcode.sourceforge.net/view/5044>

At the top are two arbitrary streambuf derived classes I copied from the
web that are said to work with the std::stream. They don't work either.

My work is in the rtf namespace. In main there is a test with my device,
file_source, and std::ifstream derived, they all work. Then I've tried
the likes of:

     rtf::basic_stream< char, char_array_buffer > io_4( input );
     rtf::basic_stream< char, outbuf > io_4( input );
and the one I want to work:
     rtf::basic_stream< char, rtf::rtf_stream_buffer > io_4( input );

they all fail at: { BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT(is_std_io<T>::value); }
line 66 in concept_adapter.hpp. All the classes are derived from
std::basic_streambuf which is on the list #ifndef
BOOST_IOSTREAMS_NO_STREAM_TEMPLATES

And I could not find it defined with agent ransack So, I seem to be
missing something fundamental and just don't know what it could be.
Thanks. Dan.