Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost] Boost 1.61.0 Beta 1
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-03-31 08:05:26

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 3:05 AM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir.prus_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> The first beta packages for 1.61.0 beta 1 are now available:
> <snip>
>
> It was discovered that the .zip and .7z archives actually have LF line
> endings,
> at least in some places. Fixing this is not quite trivial, as Travis uses
> ancient version of Ubuntu and Git, and is not deemed critical, as most
> Windows
> editors handle LF just fine. We might do something for the final release,
> or
> might not.

I would vote for leaving it, I've always thought it would be preferable if
all the releases were the same. I think notepad.exe is the only app that
still has issues with line endings, though I'd be interested in hearing
some history on why was different for the windows releases.

Tom