Subject: [Boost-users] measuring distance between a point and a segment
From: Juliette Pera (juliette.pera_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-20 09:46:09

Dear all,

I am currently trying to use the boost library in order to measure the
shortest distance between a point and a list of segments.

I am declaring a segment to which I append the two points of my segment and
the I calculate the distance from my point P to the segment.

   xsegment_t segment;
   geom::append(segment,geom::make_point(A[0],A[1]));
   geom::append(segment,geom::make_point(B[0],B[1]));
   double distance2 = geom::distance(segment,geom::make_point(P[0],P[1]));

The issue is that I measure every time the same distance even if the
segment is different.

Does anyone knows from where that issue can come from?

Thank you in advance,
Juliette Pera