Subject: [Boost-users] How to write one property page .props to select the right x86 or x64 Boost libraries folder automatically using Visual Studio
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-19 12:46:00

I have downloaded the shiny new release boost_1_61_0_b1 and am trying to set up so that I can test a lot of Boost-ish console
applications using both 32 and 64-bit.

This is easier with bjam, but I'd like to use the Visual studio IDE too.

I'd like a single property page that can be placed in the same folder as my .sln file and added to each and every project.

(or better, made the default for all projects).

I have a I:\boost_1_61_0_b1; as the include directory, and that is common to all configurations and platforms.

But the libraries files are in two separate folders because the name does not yet include the platform :-(

Linking to lib file: libboost_chrono-vc140-mt-gd-1_61.lib

lib32-msvc-14.0 and lib64-msvc-14.0

Googling gives some suggestions to select the right folder for libraries, but I wonder if anyone has found a slick solution?

(I'll edit the property xml if necessary - it would seem that the IDE GUI tool isn't up to the job?)

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse