Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Fiber mini-review May 23 - June 1
From: Nat Goodspeed (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-30 10:50:58

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Nat Goodspeed <nat_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 12:20 PM, Nat Goodspeed <nat_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> The Boost.Fiber candidate library by Oliver Kowalke begins a
>> mini-review today, Monday May 23, which will close Wednesday June 1.

> I'm surprised to report that I have not yet seen Fiber reviews or discussion.

I'm glad to say that a few people have now responded, some in private
mail. All responses so far have been "yes" votes.

> One interpretation would be that interested parties are busy finishing
> proposals for Meeting C++ or papers for the upcoming WG21 meeting, and
> will provide Fiber reviews once they've dealt with the more immediate
> deadlines.
>
> If there are other time pressures of which I'm unaware, please let me
> know; there is precedent for extending a review period.

It has been brought to my attention that the CppCon Program Committee
has been racing to respond to a flood of submissions by today.

So let me ask: would extending the review period beyond this Wednesday
June 1st produce any additional responses?

One private respondent suggested that people might be tired of
reviewing the Fiber library. I apologize if I left that unclear at the
outset. A mini-review implies no obligation to reread all the
documentation and source code. It is simply a chance to answer the
question: have the issues that previously bothered you been
satisfactorily addressed? Are you now ready to endorse acceptance of
the Fiber library into Boost?

If your answer is "yes," your response can be short and sweet.

If your answer is "no," it would be of great value to Oliver to
enumerate the remaining troublesome points. If you will not have time
for that by Wednesday, but would if the review period were extended,
please say so.

Thank you for your interest!