Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Undefined Reference to 'boost::system::generic_category()'
From: Leon Mlakar (leon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-16 10:38:09

On 16.06.2016 16:27, Blair Climenhaga wrote:
> Hello Leon,
>
> Thanks for your quick response! I'm not sure if I understand what you
> mean (my fault not yours). I typed "-lboost_system" and
> "-lboost_thread" into the command line of the terminal however both
> types it returned the error message "command not found". I assume you
> mean to add these lines to the .bashrc or to the install file for
> openfoam. Is this correct?
No, I meant append them as the command line parameters to the command
you use to (compile and) link whatever program you are building. As the
simplest example:

     $ g++ a,cpp -o a -lboost_system -lboost_thread

or perhaps:

     $ g++ a,cpp -o a -L /usr/local/lib -lboost_system-mt -lboost_thread-mt

as I have to on my Mac where brew Boost gets installed in /usr/local.
I'm also not sure whether Ubuntu installs both -mt and non-mt
(multi-threading support) variants.

Cheers,

Leon