Subject: [Boost-users] boost unit test framework exports std::basic_ostringstream
From: Sascha Kremers (Sascha.Kremers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-28 09:46:46

The boost unit test framework exports std::basic_ostringstream to the dll.
This causes linker errors on visual studio 2012 (LNK 2005), if the
tested code contains std::basic_ostringstream.

You can confirm the symbol std::basic_ostringstream is in
boost_unit_test_framework-vc110-mt-1_61.dll by using dependency walker.

I have the same problem with my self-built dlls as well as the ones
downloaded from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost-binaries/.

Is this a problem with boost or did I configure the build wrong?

Thank you.

I posted the issue on Stack Overflow a week ago [1]. Please excuse, if
this still counts as cross posting.

Regards
Sascha

[1]