Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Acquiring and rebuilding C++ libraries on Windows
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-07-07 19:56:22

On 7/7/2016 6:05 PM, Eric Mittelette wrote:
> Hi Edward
>
> Acquiring in my message mean, the way to developers to build an external lib and add it to his project.
> So our intention is to provide a command line tool (in first approach) who is capable to list and build libraries for windows platform.
> Developers can use this tools to see which libraries are available and with a simple option strt the buil process for the target chosen (x86, x64 UWP, ARM)

What does this command line tool use to build an external lib ? What
does "lib" as in "external lib" encompass ? What does "project" mean ?
What programming languages are supported ?

I gather you are saying that you are endeavouring to create a command
line tool to build a "lib" from source, which is on the web somewhere,
and then integrate the resultant file(s) into a "project", however you
define it. I gather this is officially being done by Microsoft.

I still think you need to be more specific if you want to interest
developers. In particular you are also not specifying what you think
individual Boost libraries or Boost developers are meant to add to your
idea(s). It is all still really very vague.