Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Windows installation issues
From: Jürgen Hunold (jhunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-07-26 11:06:47

Hi Alex,

Am Dienstag, 26. Juli 2016, 16:45:35 CEST schrieb Alexander Carôt:
> Hi all,
> after having switched from OSX and Linux to Windows 10

Yes, Windows is harder than the other two.

> I have issues compiling boost (1.61)with the MinGW compiler.

Well, with which MinWG actually? There are several versions out there.

> The very first step fails:

> bootstrap.bat mingw
> results in not finding a right path, denying access and aborting the
> installation.

Which error messages?

> So far I only found this article:
> https://andres.jaimes.net/698/use-c-with-mingw-and-netbeans-in-windows/

I usually advise to use MinGW-w64 and/or MSys2.

> but it does not contain further info how (and where) to add additional info
> (I added c:\MinGW\bin to my PATH but it didn’t help).

Please provide error messages, commandline invocations and the generated
project-config.jam

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  !
* voice: ++49 4257 300       ! Fährstraße 1