Subject: [Boost-users] [Python] gcc error compiling boost
From: Àlex Jarauta (alex.jarauta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-07-28 13:27:04

Dear all,

my name is Alex and I am a postdoc at the University of Alberta, Edmonton,
Canada. I am working with an in-house opensource code that uses boost to
wrap C++ code with Python. In the latest version of our code, one has to
download boost manually and compile it. I have tried wot two different
versions (1.59 and 1.60) and I can compile them with python 2.7. However,
if I try to compile it using either Python 3.3 or 3.5, I always get the
same error:

"./boost/python/detail/wrap_python.hpp:50:23: fatal error: pyconfig.h: No
such file or directory
 # include <pyconfig.h>"

I have been looking for this error for a while, but I have not been able to
find a proper solution. I wonder if you could help me on this matter.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Best regards,

Àlex