Subject: [Boost-users] Python TypeError with application compiled with CXX11_ABI=0
From: Jackson Wiegman (jackson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-07-28 16:30:46

Hi,

I have an application I am trying to compile on Ubuntu 16.04. This is using
GCC 5.4.0 and libboost 1.58.0 (stock libraries).

The application has a linking to a library that was built with GCC 4.*, so
I have to compile with D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0 to get backwards
comparability (otherwise I have undefined abi:cxx11 links). However when I
do this, I get a TypeError in Python:

TypeError: No registered converter was able to produce a C++ rvalue of type
> std::string from this Python object of type str

It looks like boost is having a problem working without the ABI. Does
anyone have a work-around or a patch for this?

Jackson