Subject: [Boost-users] [Wave] Wave samples and driver utility not building?
From: Michael Young (young.mjy.dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-08-12 11:59:53

I have just built boost_1_61_0; I am particularly interested in Boost.Wave
at this time.
This is my first attempt to build any boost library, or boost in its
entirety (all libs).
I read and followed the build instructions from the web site, with slight
modifications for
my environment / purposes:

bootstrap.sh 2>&1 | tee build_boost_log.txt
sudo ./b2 install 2>&1 | tee -a build_boost_log.txt

When it completes, I get the libboost_*.a and .so files in /usr/local/lib,
and the source is installed at /usr/local/include/boost, as expected.
I do get "...failed updating 58 targets..." in the build output, but my
understanding
is that's OK - I didn't install optional items like ICU and such.
The problem is that I can't find the wave driver (or other sample) utility
anywhere.
Moreover, when I look at the build log, there is no indication that any of
these are
being built (even attempted). So I'm wondering if there's a build step /
option that
I am missing (and/or perhaps I need one of the "optional" 3rd party
packages installed?).

BTW - I'm building in Ubuntu 14.04 ARM (crouton chroot on Chromebook), with
gcc/g++ 4.8.4. I didn't see any indication of any environment problems in
the build
log.