Subject: [Boost-users] [serialization] Problem building boost 1.56 under gcc 5.3
From: Nolen, Steven Douglas (drnuke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-08-31 12:18:49

We are trying to build on a linux platform using gcc-5.3. We already have installations for gcc-4.6.1 thru gcc-4.9 that work.

When we tried moving to gcc-5.3, the build worked (apparently), but then we saw linking errors of this ilk...

<blah, blah, blah> undefined reference to `boost::archive::text_oarchive_impl<boost::archive::text_oarchive>::save(std::string const&)

The same linking errors happen when we build our code and when we tried just building the demo samples with the package.

We have tried building a more recent version of boost and also scouring stackoverflow and others.

Anyone having similar issues, or who might be aware of what's happening?