Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Priority deque?
From: Michael (mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-09-01 09:51:20

On September 1, 2016 9:34:03 AM EDT, Paolo Bolzoni <paolo.bolzoni.brown_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>Oh, dear. I made a stupid mistake. I meant a "priority deque", a data
>structure where you can easily access the maximum and minimum element.
>In priority queue you can top and pop the maximum element, I would
>need both to pop and top the maximum and the minimum.

I understood your meaning.

The generally recommend approach is use a std::vector in combination with one of the search algorithms for insertion purposes. If you absolutely have to, use sort. In either case the insertion times will naturally suffer. There are many examples of this.

It would be simple to write a push/pop front/back for that.

HTH