Subject: Re: [Boost-users] thread no defined - issue
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-09-05 19:40:23

On 6/09/2016 07:14, Alexander Carôt wrote:
> one single (windows) user in my project community
> (http://www.soundjack.eu) has the following problem:
>
> #ifndef BOOST_THREAD_DEFINES_THREAD_ATTRIBUTES_NATIVE_HANDLE
> cout << "THREAD IS NOT DEFINED" << endl;
> #endif
>
> This statement is true but only for him – on any other machine (Win,
> Linux and OSX) is works fine.

I haven't tried checking older versions of Boost to see if it's
different, but AFAICT in 1.60 this symbol is only defined when using
pthreads, which would not normally be the case on Windows unless you're
using Cygwin (or possibly mingw).

They could try defining BOOST_THREAD_POSIX to force use of pthreads if
you require this for some reason, but this would have to be defined when
compiling Boost itself, any libraries that use Boost, and for the
application.

If at all possible you should make your code work with both pthreads and
Win32 threads.