Subject: [Boost-users] [boost][graph] Support for C++11 on adjacency list
From: Marco Craveiro (marco.craveiro_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-09-06 07:07:49

Hi boost-users,

Thanks very much for a great library - Boost in general and Boost
Graph in particular . I'm trying to understand the status of a fix on
Boost Graph - any pointers are greatly appreciated. My basic problem
is that trying to use Boost Graph in C++ 11 (or later) mode seems to
break due to a bug in adjacency list. This bug has been reported in
Track [1], [2] and elsewhere [3].

Up to now I have been carrying local patches to fix this issue as per
tickets [4], but to the untrained eye, it appears this issue has been
fixed upstream a while ago [5].

I've read the discussion regarding Boost Graph merges [6] but -
apologies - It's still not clear to me where we are. Is it possible to
confirm:

- that the fix is in develop and will be shipped?
- if so, would it be shipped with Boost 1.62 or with a later release?
I read the release notes [7] but couldn't see any references to Boost
Graph.

Many thanks for your time.

--
Marco Craveiro
MD, Domain Driven Consulting
about: http://about.me/marcocraveiro
blog: http://mcraveiro.blogspot.co.uk
twitter: https://twitter.com/MarcoCraveiro
That the Ideas are themselves manifestations (of the Idea-Idea) and
that the Idea-Idea is a-kind-of Manifestation-Idea—which is a-kind-of
itself, so that the system is completely self-describing— would have
been appreciated by Plato as an extremely practical joke [Plato]. --
Alan Key
[1] #11164 Graph adjacency_list, add_vertex compile error on clang 3.6
[2] #10382 1.56.0 Graph adjacency_list has compile errors on g++ 4.6.4
[3] https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2016/01/msg00327.html
[4] https://github.com/DomainDrivenConsulting/dogen/blob/master/patches/boost_1_59_graph.patch
[5] Fix compilation with gcc 4.4 in C++11 mode
https://github.com/boostorg/graph/commit/0f4ecbcd4bd13743f74745257b95fabdbde33f0f
[6] http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2016/08/230533.php
[7] http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_62_0.html