Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Insertion/Use of boost::multi_index - new thread
From: Joaquin M López Muñoz (joaquinlopezmunoz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-09-20 07:28:11

El 20/09/2016 a las 11:33, Ram escribió:
> Could not figure out why inserting into a boost::multi_index container
> is creating
> a compilation issue that starts off with
>
> c:\code\common\lib\boost\boost\detail\allocator_utilities.hpp(153) :
> error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'p'
>
> and then a lot of errors..
>
> I am compiling in Visual Studio 2005.
>
> Has anybody seen a similar problem?

Visual Studio 2005 (aka MSVC 8.0) is able to deal with Boost.MultiIndex
as shown in

http://www.boost.org/development/tests/master/developer/multi_index.html

Other than this, you really need to provide more info in order for the
community to
be of any help. I suggested three routes you can decide to take to
better understand
the problem:

1. See if this test program works OK in your environment:

http://coliru.stacked-crooked.com/a/b63feba754f81f67

2. Compare with your real code and try to spot a significant difference.
3. Turn your real code into a complete test program showing the error
that the rest
here at the list can check locally and investigate.

I see you're also asking at Stack Overflow, where people have suggested
a number
of interesting things to try/see, but you have failed to provide any
feedback on
them. To be totally open, you can't expect others to magically know what
your
problem is without some additional effort on your side --well, you
certainly can
expect that, but I think you won't get anything.

Joaquín M López Muñoz