Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Issues trying to use boost::unordered_map
From: Leon Mlakar (leon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-09-29 15:19:22

On 29.09.2016 20:27, Ram wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [
> You're welcome. But it was actually Gavin who asked *the* question :-)
> ]
> Thanks Leon/Gavin and Joaquin!
>
> [
> Yeah, having multiple VS installations could be it. This code surely
> can't come from VS2005 as it can't compile it, but I vaguely remember
> that old Visual Studios did have problems with multiple installations.
> ]
> I was thinking the same thing too. The VS2005 preprocessor would not
> give this output right? Also, I do have 2005 and 2013 installed. Does
> that mean if I uninstall 2013 and try compiling with 2005, it will
> compile successfully?
>
> Also I read in the boost's 1.61 documentation that it has been tested
> with older compilers than VS2005's.
>
> Having multiple VS versions is my problem?
Looks like it ... if Chis is right about the code origin, it could. Just
took a quick look at xmemory0 header of VS20013 and yeah, it could have
produced such code after preprocessing. Just how exactly it ended up in
VS2005 build is anybody's guess.

Removing VS2013 ought to help, but make sure there are no files left
lingering around. Better yet, do you have a possibility of setting up a
virtual machine with with just VS2005 installed? Such clean environment
would eliminate most variables.

Cheers,
Leon