Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::asio cross-library link issue
From: Maarten de Vries (maarten_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-04 13:41:48

On 4 October 2016 at 14:00, Stanley Friesen <friesens_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Sigh. I thought so. I am having a dickens of a time getting libpcl to
> compile with the --std=c++11 flag. It seems that libvtk, used heavily by
> PCL, doesn't like C++11. (We can't compile our library without the flag
> since we actually use many C++11 features). I will continue to work on
> this.
>
> Thanks, this discussion has at least pointed me in the direction I need to
> go.

​I have no problem compiling PCL 1.8.0 and VTK 7.0.0 with C++11 support .
In the past VTK 6 (not sure on the exact version) and PCL 1.7.2 also worked
fine.

The VTK wiki seems to indicate VTK 6.1 is compatible with C++11 [1].

Maybe it is an issue with the compiler you're using. Some GCC versions had
incomplete C++11 support iirc.

[1] http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Wrapping_C%2B%2B11_Code